Looking back to our celebration of Holy Week and Easter, all I can say is WOW! It was so wonderful to pray with all of you during the most holy weeks of the year. After not being able to pray with people last year in person, it made me more grateful than ever to be with you in prayer and worship. The love of the Lord shined especially as we welcomed our newest members of the Catholic Church at the Easter Vigil. Our parish was alive, clapping, singing, filled with joy! In my heart, I was and am so very grateful to be a part of such a loving community! Thank you!
I also want to thank everyone who put countless hours in to make Lent, Holy Week and Easter so beautiful in so many ways. Thank you to our parish staff, maintenance staff, school staff, students, sacristans, ushers, music ministers, altar servers, lectors, Eucharistic ministers, volunteers, etc. etc. etc. who made all of this possible. It takes a village! The word that summed up Holy Week for me in terms of getting all the work accomplished was “Flawless.” It really was flawless. Thank you again!
Looking ahead, I want you to be aware of what is happening in the next month so you can pray for all involved. Please read more in the bulletins ahead…
- April 20 – 8th Grade Confirmation – please pray for them!
- April 25-27 – Easter Mission on healing with Fr. Bearer. Please come and support him. Get on fire for how God wants to work in our lives!
- May 1 – 1st Communion – please pray for them as they receive Jesus in the Eucharist for the 1st time!
- May 2 – Priesthood Vocation Discernment Meetup with Fr. McCandless after Sunday morning Mass. Email me for details!
- May 2 – Youth Group Faith and Music Night!
- May 7-8 – Men’s Ora et Labora Work Retreat at Loyola
- May 9 – Mother’s Day! Pray for all moms! Thank you.
- May 15 – Dc. Alex Clark’s Ordination at St. John’s Cathedral @ 10:00am
- May 16 – “Fr. Alex Clark” Mass of Thanksgiving @ 2:00pm (Invitation only)
- May 23 – Outdoor Mass with Bishop Malesic and Blessing of the Memorare Center
That’s enough for now. More to come. Again, thank you for such a wonderful Holy Week and Easter. I look forward to the days ahead!
May God’s peace and joy be with you,
P.S. Check out the beauty of spring in front of the rectory!